Monday, September 11, 2006

Why?

Now I've got over the excitement of creating my own blog a little bit about myself:

I live and work in the historic city of York, am married to Clare and have 3 children (Oli - recently graduated in Auto Engineering from Loughborough, Lucy - very soon to be off to Sheffield Hallam to study Nursing, and Nick - in his second year in sixth form and with no idea what he wants to do!).

My day job is with the University of York as an administrator. I also teach lifelong learning courses - mainly to do with Wine Appreciation, but also Food Hygiene and occasionally licensing legislation. In addition I spend quite a proportion of my 'spare time' training members of the hotel and catering trade in all aspects relating to wines & spirits.

The involvement with Lifelong Learning has been going on for nearly 20 years and I have developed a keen interest in the education of adults (especially non-vocational education).

This is an area of my life I want to take further forward and am hoping that the Ultraversity course will help in some way towards this.

No comments: